Friday, November 27, 2009

My 40 Meme


***My 40***

1. Do you like bleu cheese? Yep. Not in huge amounts, but a little is tasty.

2. Have you ever smoked? Yes. Don't tell my mom.

3. Do you own a gun? No way.

4. Favorite type of food? Deli food. Sandwiches, salads, dill pickles, etc.

5. Favorite type of music? All but country and rap.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? About two times a year they are the bomb. They must be eaten at a sports event.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? Frosty the Snowman.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Latte.

9. Can you do push ups? Only against the wall or against a counter top.

10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My medic alert bracelet is about the only jewelry I wear. Does that make it a favorite?

11. Favorite hobby? BWCA canoe camping

12. Do you have A.D.D.? Mine is more of the ADHD kind. I’m a wiggler.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Glasses for distance, sunglasses to look cool.

14. Middle name? Smart Ass if you ask my friends. Elizabeth if you check my birth certificate.

15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment: Diners, Drive ins, and Dives marathon today=YAY! Dixie needs her water dish outside refilled. I have a bothersome hangnail on my left index finger.

16. Name three drinks you regularly drink: Water, coffee, and diet Mountain Dew.

17. Current worry? I need to change my dang pump site tonight and don’t want to.

18. Current hate right now? I hate getting a regular soda in a drive through and not noticing it until I’m down the road. I hate changing my pump site even more than that.

19. Favorite place to be? BWCA.

20. How did you bring in the new year? graciously.

21. Someplace you’d like to go? Greece. But I hate to fly. Maybe Quebec.

22. Name three people who will complete this. huh?

23. Do you own slippers? Actually I do have some but I never wear them. I like fuzzy socks more than slippers.

24. What color shirt are you wearing? Red sweatshirt.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I don’t think that I have ever tried. I’m guessing I wouldn’t like them.

26. Can you whistle? Yes, and both on inspiration and expiration.

27. Where are you now? Sitting on a recliner in the living room at my house.

28. Would you be a pirate? No way. My quarters would be too small and my “bunkmate” would probably snore like crazy.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I’m not a shower singer. Sometimes I hum.

30. Favorite Girl’s Name? Kaylee

31. Favorite boy’s name? Samuel.

32. What is in your pocket right now? An insulin pump.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? A radio show I was listening to in the car.

34. What vehicle do you drive? A Subaru Forester

35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Broke my left leg when I was 14. That meant that I was in a cast for about 4 months. But... this part summer with a herniated disc was, perhaps, the worst lingering, "make me crazy as a hoot owl" pain I've ever experienced.

36. Do you love where you live? Totally. It's exactly where I've always wanted to be.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two.

38. How many computers do you have in your house? Two. Does an Iphone count as a computer?

39. If you changed your job, what would it be? Canoe trip outfitter and guide.

40. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be? Peace for friends, Happiness for my family, and that Dixie would live as long as I do.

4 comments:

meanderings said...

Those were great. I liked your "wishes" best, especially Dixie...

Minnesota.Ann said...

Molly & Dixie (DAD)
I am wondering if you know of anyone in Minnesota or the surrounding states looking for a Diabetic Alert Dog. The trainer of 2 year old black standard poodle that is DAD trained contacted me. She says he is ready for an owner. I did meet the dog and he is fantastic, gentle and bomb proof in his Public Access.

Happy Holidays everyone.
-Ann & Lily (DAD)

Rebecca said...

Hi Molly,

I would love, love, love to talk with you about your experiences with Dixie, and really, anything else! I am not diabetic but I am married to a diabetic. And we are persuing a D.A.D. You can find out more about me at our website: www.mission-dad.com. My blog is there, too.

If you are interested in chatting or emailing, please feel free to reply or email me at rebecca.jordan@comcast.net.

Thanks so much,

Rebecca

mra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.