Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy D-blog day!

Happy D-blog day everybody!

I started blogging a couple of years ago. I had been reading a number of blogs, and decided to start up my own. Mostly it was to share information about Dixie. At least, that's what I thought.

I do blog about Dixie. About how she alerts me when my blood sugar is out of range. How she alerts others when they are out of range. :-) And... I post pictures of her. After all, she is a very cute, black dog. Especially when she wears her fancy hot pink bowtie.

I also blog about MY diabetes. My frustrations and anxiety. My accomplishments. And I can't help but smile when someone comments on my post and I know that they really understand what it's like to live with diabetes, day in and day out.

I've been fortunate to meet some local d-bloggers. (and an out of towner d-blogger!)

I've lived with diabetes for the last 34 years. I've seen a lot of change in the treatment. I've lived through some out of range A1c's and some kick butt A1c's. I've lived through DKA, severe hypoglycemia (have I ever shared the story of biting a hole through my tongue during a particularly bad reaction.?? Gross, but it was cool to be able to stick noodles through the hole and gross all my friends out in junior high school), thousands of pokes, and more wild ass guesses estimating carbs than one would believe is possible.

I've survived.

It's fun to survive when I have support from a great online community.

Keep blogging! Stick together. None of us can do this alone.

5 comments:

meanderings said...

Ping pics - yup, probably!
Thanks for the laugh!
But mostly, thanks for your support and encouragement, it's awesome.

Sandra Miller said...

Molly, this post is great!

Your attitude? Even greater!!

Happy D-Blog Day to you and to Dixie...

(And thanks for the lovely comment. :-)

phonelady said...

oh molly how lovely this post is and god bless you I think you have it down pat . god bless you and dixie .

Minnesota Nice said...

Sister, I love hearing about you and the out-of-this-world-wonder-dog Dixie. Give her a big pat for me. Also woof to Ella.

Diane J Standiford said...

I support you in all you do! Glad you keep blogging. Happy Holidays